B.Sc. CSIT (Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology)
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology (B.Sc. CSIT) is a four years course program of Tribhuvan University designed to provide students with all sorts of knowledge in the field of Computing and Information Technology.
The program involves, in addition to conventional lectures, a great deal of practical and project works. The program develops the underlying principles of both Computer Science and Information Technology and shows how these principles can be applied to the real world problems. This program develops the skills that are essential for both computer professionals and IT specialists.
The design and implementation of B.Sc. CSIT course offers new challenges when compared to the traditional computing environment. The recent emergence of global business, new technologies for data processing and data communication/networking environment, equip specialized science graduates to focus on professional careers in Information Technology. This course provides the students with adequate theoretical and practical knowledge which will enable them to effectively participate in solving the complex problem of the IT industry.
Mission of the Course
The mission of the B.Sc. CSIT course is to prepare the students to pursue career advancement in the field of information technology. At the completion of this degree, a student will be able to design the real world e-media products, developing theories to evolve new technologies or creating technical solutions to hardware and software problems, depending on the chosen area and electives.
The main aims of the B.Sc. CSIT program can be enlisted as follows:
- To offer intensive knowledge in the field of theory, design, programming, and application of computers.
- Providing an in-depth understanding and experience with computer systems.
- Developing creative and analytical skills that provide a basis for technical problem-solving.
- Equipping students with the technical knowledge required for an IT professionals to handle multitasking and multi-programming situations and to assess and develop computer based solutions.
- Imparting knowledge of computer and programming logic environment in IT.
- To foster knowledge of advanced IT applications in different business sectors.
- To provide intensive cognition in the field of functional knowledge of hardware system and the necessary knowledge of computer software system.
The B.Sc. CSIT program will have 8 Semester with 126 credit hours. Each semester will have duration of 6 months. the program comprises of the following course components:
- Computer Science Courses- 75 credit hours
- Natural Science and elective Courses- 6 credit hours
- Mathematics Courses- 12 credit hours
- English Courses- 3 credit hours
- Social Sciences & Management Courses- 6 credit hours
- Computer Science elective Courses- 15 credit hours
- Internship/Project- 9 credit hours
- Total- 126 credit hours