CSITAN is an autonomous, non-profitable, nongovernmental, non-political, service oriented social organization established by the young energetic BSc CSIT students in 2011 to act as a bridge between the faculty, students and IT industries in Nepal. The organization is currently expanded to around 10000 students from 60+ colleges all over the nation. Apart from the central committee in Kathmandu, we also have our regional committees in five other regions: Chitwan, Butwal, Rupandehi, Pokhara and Purwanchal.
We have been working to extend our regional committees to other parts of the country as well. CSITAN has been actively involved in various activities from the past eight years to bridge the gaps between university, industry and the students. Besides this, we have been organizing workshops and seminars for students to improve their knowledge about different aspects of computer science and information technology. CSITAN is believed to have the prodigious potential to evolve. We aspire to be an organization that will be an integral part of every IT College and student, leading and motivating them to excellence. We have been conducting several IT Seminars, exhibitions and counselling programs in different IT colleges throughout the year. We ensure to organize at least one program each month endeavoring to match our motto: “Calibrating Technical Potentials”. We have successfully organized various programs in the past.
Our one and only vision is to promote CSIT sector and empower tech professionals for the betterment of the country.
• To work with students, faculties, IT professionals and people all over the country for the enhancement of computer science students and help them transition into a skilled tech professional in the country.
• To serve as a platform between the IT students, faculty and the tech Industries to communicate and work hand in hand with each other.
• To prepare the skilled IT professionals after the end of student’s academic journey.
• To address a student’s problem regarding the academic field and raise it to the concerned parties.
• To develop the IT field in all areas of the country as well empower women in the technology sector.
• To organize various conferences, seminars, training and events for students and professionals for the prosperity of Tech community of Nepal.
• To make people aware about the importance of IT and promote the user of technology in their daily lives.